Jaime I. Gillis
Dover, New Hampshire and Bedford, New Hampshire
Jaime Gillis offers compassionate, insightful counsel for clients and families who are often anticipating or undergoing a transition in their lives. She combines her focus in elder law, estate planning, probate and business succession planning with an understanding that the discussions related to her fields of expertise are difficult for many clients. When a client has an existing advisory structure in place, Jaime collaborates with CPAs, insurance professionals, financial advisors, corporate counsel and other trusted family advisors to provide integrated approaches. She often works with other attorneys to provide experienced guidance on the division of retirement plans through Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDROs). She is also prepared to guide clients through the Medicaid planning and application process and assist clients with guardianships, probate administration and special needs planning matters.
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning & Probate
- Qualified Domestic Relations Orders
- Suffolk University School of Law, J.D.
- Simmons College, B.S.
Admitted to Practice
- New Hampshire
- Estate Planning Council
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- Elder Law, Estate Planning & Probate Practice Section of the NH Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Vermont Bar Association
- New Hampshire Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
- New Hampshire Child and Family Services
Jaime regularly speaks about estate and special needs planning to organizations concerned with the prevention of cruelty to animals, American Cancer Society support groups, American Heart Association support groups, and community mental health and developmental service providers and family support centers.
- Interviewed by Lynne Snierson, “Navigating Late-Life Remarriage: The subject can be tricky,” New Hampshire Magazine, December 2016
- Contributor to "Ask the Experts: New Hampshire Magazine’s Guide to Wills and Estate Planning,” New Hampshire Magazine, March 2016 and March 2017
- Author, "QDROs: Avoid Common Pitfalls When Dividing Retirement Benefits," New Hampshire Bar News, November 2014
- Author, "An ERISA Owner’s Manual ," New Hampshire Business Review, December 2013